MAPLE CHILI STEELHEAD TROUT DINNER
***NOTE: PICTURE SHOWS YELLOW ZUCCHINI + GREEN BEANS. NEW PIC COMING SHORTLY!!!***
Lois Lake steelhead trout dry rubbed w/ maple flakes and chili, served alongside seasonal vegetables (tossed w/ extra virgin olive oil), organic quinoa, lemon parsley tahini and an herb vinaigrette.
- Lois Lake steelhead trout (Lois Lake, BC) rubbed w/ maple flakes, ginger, red chili, sumac, garlic, sea salt, black pepper
- Heirloom carrots + yellow beets (tossed w/ extra virgin olive oil)
- Organic Quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- Lemon parsley tahini (Parallel Bros. tahini, lemon juice, fresh parsley)
- Herb Vinaigrette (basil, parsley, honey, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED AT HOME
An oven, good quality olive oil, salt, a small saucepan to boil the quinoa and a metal tray for roasting the veggies. In total, this dinner should take you approximately 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish and little-to-no culinary skills (though we welcome those!).
HOW WE EAT IT
On most weeknights nights with the fam.
Steelhead, if you haven't had it before, is a like a slightly more mild and less fatty version of salmon. We prefer it because it's the kind of fish we could (and do) eat almost every week. The spice level of the rub is mild (and good for most kids).
The fish can be cooked directly in the aluminum pan which we send , which means minimal mess and maximum enjoyment.
Feeding a big group that loves fish? Order two of these.
3-4 days in your fridge. We can't guarantee quality or freshness after that.
- Steelhead (Mild)