STEAKHOUSE DINNER (SERVES 2)
Going to a steakhouse is a special experience. Not necessarily because they can cook steak any better than you can, but because of everything else that comes along with it. That whipped butter on the table that you love so much. The wedge salad. Those go-to side dishes that you order every time. Maybe a martini with extra olives. That’s the feeling we’re recreating with this dinner. The cuts of meat (AAA Ontario tenderloin) are pasture raised and the side of paprika broccoli, mustardy potatoes and iceberg wedge complete the experience. We can’t really do much about the martini but we’ll leave that part to you...
- Two 6oz cuts of AAA Ontario tenderloin (pasture raised and dry aged for a minimum of 30 days)
- Paprika broccoli (broccoli, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, smoked paprika, black pepper)
- Stefek Farms (Simcoe, ON) golden potatoes (tossed with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper)
- Mustardy vinaigrette (grainy mustard, extra virgin olive oil, thyme, sherry vinegar)
- Iceberg wedge
- Pickled onions + tomatoes
- Panko breadcrumbs (panko breadcrumbs, parmigiano-reggiano, oregano, thyme, garlic, sea salt, extra virgin olive oil)
- Blue cheese dressing / spicy caesar dressing / gherkin caper vinaigrette (whichever you chose)
- Herby worcestershire compound butter (Emerald Grasslands grass fed butter, worcestershire sauce, extra virgin olive oil, thyme, paprika, black pepper)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED AT HOME
An oven and stove top.
HOW WE EAT IT
On night's when we're dreaming about our favourite steakhouse but opt to stay at home in sweats instead. Because we're sending you the leanest cut (filet), this is the kind of steak that feels more like balance than indulgence.
3-4 days in the fridge. We can’t guarantee freshness after that.