SPRING STEELHEAD TROUT DINNER
Music is life. So first thing's first, set the mood w/ our dinner time playlist (Spotify linkhere).
- Lois Lake steelhead trout (Lois Lake, BC) rubbed w/ maple flakes, ginger, red chili, sumac, garlic, sea salt, black pepper
- Asparagus, broccoli + red radish (tossed w/ extra virgin olive oil)
- Organic quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- Herb vinaigrette (basil, parsley, honey, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt)
- Honey lemon tahini (Parallel tahini, honey, lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (set on the CONVECTION function if your oven has one, otherwise the BAKE function will work fine).
- Pull out the herb vinaigrette and tahini from the fridge and set aside.
- Place the quinoa into a medium sized saucepan.
- If you ordered the two person dinner, add two (2) cups of cold water.
- If you ordered the four person dinner, add four (4) cups of cold water.
- Add salt to taste as well as a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you have some in your pantry.
- Set your stove to HIGH and bring the quinoa to a boil uncovered.
- Once the quinoa is boiling, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes (or until all the water has evaporated), also uncovered, before turning your stove off.
- Don’t be afraid to stir the quinoa while it’s boiling or simmering. Once that’s all done, set aside and cover so the quinoa stays hot.
STEELHEAD + VEGGIES
- Grab a large sheet pan or baking sheet. Spread out the asparagus, broccoli and radish evenly. The veggies have already been tossed in extra virgin olive oil (if the oil has congealed a bit because of the refrigeration, that is totally normal), so just season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the veggies into the oven and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the steelhead from the vacuum sealed bag and place onto a metal sheet pan or baking sheet.
- After the veggies have been in the oven for 15 minutes, place the tray of fish into the oven.
- Cook the fish for 12 - 15 minutes. Both the veggies and fish should be ready at approximately the same time.
- If you’re using a probe or thermometer, you’ll want the steelhead to hit an internal temperature of about 140°F (60°C).
- Squeeze fresh lemon onto the fish and drizzle some honey lemon tahini atop the veggies.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
This dish works well family style or a la carte. However you’re eating it, we suggest generous amounts of the herb vinaigrette on the quinoa and fish, and lots of honey lemon tahini on the veggies.
pro-tip: every oven is unique, and every piece of fish is a slightly different thickness so it’s completely normal if your fish takes a little longer or slightly less to cook than what’s suggested above.