Music is life. So first thing's first, set the mood w/ our dinner time playlist (Spotify link here).
- Free range chicken rubbed w/ chipotle, red chili dust, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, paprika, black pepper
- Pineapple salsa (pineapple, red onion, garlic, lime, cilantro, honey, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt)
- Jicama aguachile (jicama, red onion, cilanto, lime, mint, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt)
- Turn on BBQ (medium-high heat).
- Pull out all contents from your fridge.
- Slice the lime in half and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the vacuum sealed bag, season with a little salt.
- Grill the chicken on the BBQ (skin side up to begin), turning after 8-9 minutes.
Every grill is different, but cook until chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C.
- Once it’s done, make sure to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before digging in.
- Top the chicken w/ pineapple salsa and a squeeze of fresh lime.
GRILLED AVOCADO + JICAMA AGUACHILE
- Cut the avocado in half, removing the pit (keep the skin on)
- NOTE: IF THE AVOCADOS ARE VERY FIRM, IT'S OK - THEY'LL SOFTEN UP ON THE GRILL
- Grill the avocados on the BBQ, cut side down, for 3-4 minutes
- Once done, remove the skin (keeping the avocado half in tact), transfer onto a serving dish, and top with the jicama aguachile
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Our dream plate looks like this: an avocado half on one side, a piece of chicken on the other, and pineapple salsa everywhere.