Music is life. So first thing's first, set the mood w/ our dinner time playlist (Spotify linkhere).
- Free range chicken rubbed w/ paprika, sage, rosemary, garlic, black pepper
- Ontario peaches (extra virgin olive oil, honey, sea salt, black pepper)
- Castelvetrano olive relish (castelvetrano olives, red onion, sherry vinegar, rosemary, parsley, red chilies, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper)
- Sherry vinaigrette (sherry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, honey)
- Turn on BBQ (medium-high heat) or oven at 425° F (if cooking chicken in oven)
- Pull out all contents from your fridge.
GRILLED PEACH, FENNEL + BURRATA SALAD
- Drain the water from the fennel, pat dry the fennel and add fennel to a mixing bowl.
- Remove the peaches from the bag and grill on BBQ for 2 minutes per side.
- When finished, transfer the peaches to the mixing bowl.
- Toss peaches + fennel w/ a little sherry vinaigrette + season w/ salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salad on a large plate, topping w/ the piece(s) of whole burrata.
- Optional: finish with a light drizzle of the sherry vinaigrette on the burrata + freshly cracked pepper.
- Wait for your friends and family to join before cutting into the burrata - b/c the ooze is the best part :-)
pro-tip: if you have fresh tomatoes in the house (heirloom’s would be incredible), slice them up and add to the peach + fennel salad (they’re a perfect addition).
- Remove the chicken from the vacuum sealed bag.
- Grill the chicken on the BBQ (skin side up to begin), turning after 8-9 minutes.
- Every grill is different, but cook until chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C. This should take approximately 20 minutes but again, every grill is different.
- Once it’s done, make sure to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before digging in.
- If cooking in the oven, cook the chicken skin side up for approximately 45 minutes until it hits an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C.
- Serve the chicken w/ a side of our Castelvetrano olive relish.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Our dream plate looks like this: peaches, fennel and burrata on one side, a piece of chicken on the other, and green olive relish all over.
pro-tip: grill or toast some sourdough for burrata and plate dipping