MAPLE-CHILI STEELHEAD TROUT
Music is life. So first thing's first, set the mood w/ our dinner time playlist (Spotify linkhere).
- Lois Lake steelhead trout (Lois Lake, BC) rubbed w/ maple flakes, ginger, red chili, sumac, garlic, sea salt,
- Heirloom carrots + yellow beets (tossed w/ extra virgin olive oil)
- Herb vinaigrette (basil, parsley, honey, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (set on the CONVECTION function if your oven has one, otherwise the BAKE function will work fine).
- Pull out the herb vinaigrette and tahini from the fridge and set aside.
HEIRLOOM CARROTS + YELLOW BEETS
- Grab a metal sheet pan and line it with parchment paper. Spread out the carrots and beets evenly. The veggies have already been tossed in extra virgin olive oil (if the oil has congealed a bit because of the refrigeration, that is totally normal), so just season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place into the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes (until the veggies begin to soften).
- Grab a metal sheet pan and line it with parchment paper. Remove the steelhead from the vacuum sealed bag and place onto the sheet pan.
- Place into the oven and cook the fish for anywhere between 12 - 15 minutes (every piece of fish is different). If you’re using a probe or thermometer, you’ll want the steelhead to hit an internal temperature of about 140°F (60°C).
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the fish after it’s cooked.
- If you’re looking for the fish and veggies to be ready at the same time, put the fish into the oven 15 minutes after the veggies.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
This dish works well family style or a la carte. However you’re eating it, we suggest generous amounts of the herb vinaigrette on the fish, and lots of tahini on the veggies.