HOT HONEY CHICKEN
Music is life. So first thing's first, set the mood w/ our dinner time playlist (Spotify link here).
- Preheat oven to 425°F (set on the CONVECTION function if your oven has one, otherwise the BAKE function will work fine). If you’re planning on BBQ’ing the chicken, fire up your BBQ on high as well.
- Pull out the hot honey, apple sherry vinaigrette, organic baby kale and whipped goat cheese from the fridge and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the vacuum sealed bag and place into a metal sheet tray or the complimentary and recyclable metal pan we’ve included.
- Lay the chicken out flat, skin side up, and place into the oven for approximately 45 minutes (if you ordered the whole chicken) or approximately 30 minutes (if you ordered the two chicken breasts). If you’re using a probe or thermometer, you want your chicken to hit an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C.
- Once it’s done, make sure to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before digging in. And while resting, hit it with a squeeze of fresh lime.
ROASTED VEGETABLES, KALE + GOAT CHEESE
- While the chicken is cooking, remove the delicata squash and red onion from the vacuum sealed bag and spread them evenly across a metal sheet tray. The veggies have already been tossed in extra virgin olive oil (if the oil has congealed a bit because of the refrigeration, that is totally normal), so just season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetables into the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes (or until the squash turns a golden brown).
- While everything is cooking, grab a large bowl (i.e. something you’d use to mix a large salad).
- Open the vacuum sealed bag of organic baby kale and place it into the large bowl (note: because it’s part of the cruciferous veg family, kale gives off the smell of sulfur which can be...how do we say...unpleasant. This is normal, so please don’t be leery. The kale is very much fresh.)
- Once the squash and onions are ready, remove them from the oven and put the roasted veggies into the bowl with the kale. Drizzle some apple sherry vinaigrette over top and give everything a good mix (you want the kale to start to wilt a little bit).
- Top the roasted veggies and kale with several dollops of goat cheese.
***If you’re grilling the chicken on the BBQ***
If you’re looking for a little extra char and possibly some extra smokiness and / or love BBQ’ing, feel free to grill the chicken. To grill the chicken on the BBQ, remove the chicken from the vacuum sealed bag and place the chicken directly onto the grill.
Lay the chicken out flat and skin side up to begin. Cook over medium-high heat (approximately 450°F ) for about 8 minutes, then another 5 minutes or so on the other side until ready.
If you’re using a probe or thermometer, you want your chicken to hit an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
At this point, you’re all done. However you’re eating (we suggest family style), the lime squeeze is key. And of course, make sure to keep the hot honey nearby for dipping your chicken.
***pro-tip: every oven is unique, and every chicken is a slightly different thickness so it’s completely normal if your chicken takes a little longer or slightly less to cook than what’s suggested above.